Assistance League of Reno-Sparks provides services which benefit children, seniors, veterans, and victims of abuse.
Over the last 32 years, Assistance League of Reno-Sparks has provided philanthopic programs to the Reno-Sparks community. We have 12 philanthropic programs.
We have six programs that assist children.
1. Operation School Bell clothes elementary and middle school children.
2. Links to Learning provides teachers with awards so they can bring creative projects to school children in their classrooms.
3. The Kids on the Block program provides puppet shows to elementary and middle school children teaching them about bullying, gangs, learning problems, and drug and alcohol issues.
4. The Children in Transition program provides homeless students with back bags filled with school supplies and provides clothing and food packs for the weekend.
5. The We Care program supports Kids Kottage, a transitional home for children who have been removed from their homes in cooperation with the Washoe County Social Services.
6. The Read to ME program provides 1:1 reading twice weekly to preschool children.
We have two programs that serve seniors in our community.
7. The Food Pantry provides two bags of high quality groceries to seniors every month.
8. The Assistance League provides a gift shop, Senior Sampler, where seniors can display handcrafted items. The crafters receive 100% of the proceeds from the sales.
One program provides help to both children and seniors.
9. Volunteers provide grooming kits to children at Operation School Bell, Children in Transition, and to seniors receiving food from the Food Pantry.
Our last three programs focus on the community.
10. Volunteers support the Veterans Guest House by providing bus passes, phone cards, and lap blankets to veterans.
11. The Assistance League purchases and assembles kits including clothing and items of comfort for victims of sexual assault. The kits are given to the Crisis Call Center in support of the Sexual Assault Survivor Services.
12.The Assistance League runs a thrift shop and takes in donated items. Those items that cannot be placed in our thrift shop are donated to more than 18 other non-profit organizations in the community. Nothing donated is wasted. This program is the "green arm" of the Assistance League.
Thanks for stopping in and learning more about the Assistance League of Reno-Sparks. You can call us at 775-329-1584 to learn more about our work. Help us help others by clicking, pointing, and giving now at Nevada's Big Give.
Donate to your favorite program. See below.