The Douglas County Public Library Foundation enhances library services, programs and projects.
Your donation helps make the Douglas County Public Libraries a richer place, one in which everyone can explore new ideas, improve their lives, and enjoy a unique sense of community.
Libraries enrich the lives of everyone in our community, regardless of age or economic circumstance. Children come to pick out a book and enter a new world. Teens rediscover the library as a cool place to meet friends and do homework. Adults learn to use a computer and improve skills that help them find better jobs.
Our current project is: Promoting literacy in the community by supporting the upcoming Summer Reading Kickoff Event on June 9, 2015.
Recently completed projects:
- The upgrade of the library's public computers including the internet terminals and the public online catalog.
- Technology toolkit will provide library staff with resources for teaching the public about the library's digital services. It will include various mobile devices.
- The renovation of the Teen Center included new lighting, shelves, carpeting, seating, and a whiteboard to encourage teen interaction.
- The renovation of the Children's Resource Center incorporated architectural changes to the children's section of the Minden Library. It included a new storytime area, shelving, furnishings, and an improved floorplan.
- The remodeling of the front desk in the Minden Library provided improved work-flow for better customer service.
- Technology upgrades improved public access to online services. The upgrades included replacement of the library's Internet server, upgrades to network equipment, and installation of a new library circulation system.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!